In acupuncture, fine disposable needles are applied to specific points on the body. This releases energy blockages and allows stagnant energy to flow again. The needles are left in place for an average of 20-40 minutes and stimulated in between if necessary. Since the needles are very thin, the insertion is usually painless.
Clinically proven effects of acupuncture include: pain relief, lowering muscle tension in addition to relaxation and better mobility, and increasing circulation.
In addition, acupuncture affects the immune system, dampens allergic reactions and has a psychologically balancing effect.
One of the most important and well-known forms of acupuncture is body acupuncture. Here, acupuncture points on the body along the meridians are stimulated with acupuncture needles.
Another special form of acupuncture is ear acupuncture, which is based on the assumption that different regions of the ear can be assigned to certain organs of the body, and that ultimately the whole body can be projected onto the auricle. Allergies, asthma and even addictions can be treated by stimulating the ear with needle stimulation.
What diseases can be treated with acupuncture?
In 2002, the WHO (World Health Organization) published a list of diseases on which acupuncture was recommended as a form of therapy.
According to this list, acupuncture has been proven to help with:
- Neurological disorders (migraine, tension headache, trigeminal neuralgia, phantom limb pain, zoster neuralgia, vegetative dysfunction)
- Psychological and psychosomatic disorders and addictions (depressive moods, depression, sleep disorders, burn-out, restlessness, detoxification treatment, bulimia, obesity, etc.)
- Respiratory system diseases (asthma and bronchitis)
- Skin diseases (neurodermatitis, hives, etc.)
- Cardiovascular disorders (hypertension, hypotension, circulatory disorders)
- Gynecological disorders (cycle disorders, dysmenorrhea, PMS fertility disorders, frigidity, etc.)
- Pregnancy preparation / complaints
- Gastrointestinal diseases (functional gastrointestinal disorders, gastritis, gastroenteritis, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis ulcerosa, Crohn’s disease, etc.)
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system (diseases of the spine, pain syndromes, arthroses, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.)
Any questions about acupuncture or TCM in general?
Please do not hesitate and contact us! We will be happy to advise you. You can reach us by phone or at any time by e-mail or contact form. Of course, we treat all inquiries with the utmost discretion.