The treatment of diseases with medicinal plants is a millennia-old healing method in China and free of side effects when used correctly. The Chinese herbal therapy is still relatively unknown in the West, but is gaining popularity in our country. Basically, this type of therapy can be used to treat acute diseases such as allergies, fever, colds and injuries, as well as chronic diseases.
The period of treatment with Chinese herbs depends on the duration and severity of the disease.
For the treatment mainly leaves, flowers, roots and barks are used.
Nature can help - knowledge about medicinal herbs
The use of medicinal herbs supports a wide variety of indications in TCM and forms an independent form of therapy. The recipes, dosages and areas of application are individually adapted to the existing clinical picture and its symptoms. Here one draws from a large fundus of detail and specialized knowledge of naturopathy.
In TCM, the properties of a herbal remedy are classified according to the following characteristics:
- Temperature behavior
- Direction of action or areas of application
- In relation to the functional circles of the Five Elements or to the energy pathways
- Indication and application areas of the Chinese medicinal herb therapy
Indication and application areas of the Chinese medicinal herb therapy
In the applications it is assumed that the individual components of the herbal mixture act synergistically, i.e. support each other and have a targeted effect on the body.
Therefore, in the rarest cases individual herbs are administered. Usually, it is the combination of several ingredients that achieves its effectiveness.
Various acute as well as chronic diseases are treated by means of medicinal herb mixtures. Some areas of application are:
- Gastric and intestinal diseases (irritable stomach, intestine, gastritis, Crohn’s disease, etc.)
- Psychosomatic diseases
- Infectious diseases (bronchitis, colds, diarrhea, etc.)
- Skin diseases (acne, eczema, neurodermatitis, etc.)
- Gynecological and urogenital diseases (pregnancy problems, fibroids, impotence, infertility, etc.)
- Children’s diseases
Note: The so-called pharmacy control always checks the applicable limits of harmful substances in the imported herbal mixtures from China.