In moxibustion, small amounts of dried, fine mugwort fibers (moxa) are glowed on specific therapy points. The moxa herb is held over the skin either directly on a piece of ginger or in the form of moxa cigars.
The heat of the glowing moxa wool has a healing effect on the meridian system, strengthens the Qi and promotes its flow.
The main areas of application of moxibustion are usually chronic diseases and respiratory diseases such as chronic bronchitis and asthma.
Especially in China, moxibustion is used not only for healing, but also for the prevention of diseases.
Effects of moxibustion:
- Strengthening of Yang (in deficiency-cold syndrome).
- Expulsion of “cold” and “dampness” from the meridians, surface and organs
- Elimination of Qi and Blood stagnation by Qi and
- Blood circulation stimulation
- Stimulation of the immune system
- Improvement of blood circulation and
- activation of tissue metabolism
- Stimulation of organ functions (viscerocutaneous reflex via Headsche zones)
- Strengthening of the body and immune system
- calming and positive influence on stress-related organ diseases
In the following some examples of clinical pictures, with which the Moxibution is frequently used:
- for various back problems
- psychosomatic diseases and stress
- rheumatoid atritis
- internal diseases (bronchial asthma, diarrhea colon irritable, gastritis, etc.)
- in menstrual disorders